Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your 12th District state representative. It is truly an honor and a privilege. I have enjoyed keeping in contact with you through my e-mail updates and video updates. However, due to election-year restrictions, legislators are not allowed to send these updates throughout the summer and fall. As a result, this will be my last e-mail update until after Dec. 1.
As your elected representative, I have worked hard to represent our district's values, participate in responsible policymaking and approve balanced budgets. I have also established good working relationships with my colleagues in Olympia. These experiences have been helpful and will continue to benefit our district in the years ahead.
I have also enjoyed actively participating in the committee process. As you may know, legislators are assigned to certain policy committees based on their experience and district needs. The House appointed me to the Education, Transportation, and Business and Financial Services committees. This is a good mix of committees for our district, and I have been able to make an immediate contribution to policy discussions within these committees.
My goals include preserving funding for public safety, protecting vulnerable citizens, adequately funding our educational system, minimizing tax burdens, and improving opportunities for businesses. These must continue to be top priorities so that Washington's economy can grow in the years ahead. I will continue to comment on these topics, such as my guest column on education in the Wenatchee World (read the article here), my legislative update to our local weekly papers (read the article here), and my recent conversation with the Wenatchee Business Journal (read the article here). If we can keep our focus on growing the economy and providing services efficiently, our state will prosper in the years ahead.
Since this will be my last e-mail update for the year, I'd like to provide you with some helpful links and phone numbers for you to utilize as needed:
- Washington State Legislature (toll-free hotline): 1-800-562-6000
- Office of the Governor: (360) 902-4111
- Website: www.governor.wa.gov
- Superintendent of Public Instruction: (360) 725-6000
- Website: www.k12.wa.us
- State Information Hotline (toll-free): 1-800-321-2808
- Website: www.access.wa.gov
- TVW (TV Washington) – Programming information: (360) 725-3999
- Website: www.tvw.org
- Department of Transportation: (360) 705-7000
- Website: www.wsdot.wa.gov
- North Central Region office – Wenatchee: (509) 667-3000
- Department of Ecology – Central Region office, Yakima: (509) 575-2490; Olympia headquarters office: (360) 407-6000
- Website: www.ecy.wa.gov
- Office of Columbia River (Water-related services), Wenatchee: (509) 575-2490
- Department of Labor and Industries: (360) 902-5800 or toll-free for Eastern Washington: 1-800-292-5920
- Website: www.lni.wa.gov
- East Wenatchee local office: (509) 886-6500
- Department of Social and Health Services (toll-free): 1-800-737-0617
- Website: www.dshs.wa.gov
- Wenatchee Community Service office (toll-free): 1-877-501-2233
We have also reopened our district office which is located at 11 Spokane Street, Suite 205A, Wenatchee. You can reach us by phone at (509) 662-5733.
I look forward to seeing many of you around the district in the months ahead. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve as your state representative!
122G Legislative Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7832 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000