Dear Friends and Neighbors,
2015 Session Calendar
- Jan. 12 – first day of session
- Feb. 20 – policy committee cutoff
- Feb. 27 – fiscal committee cutoff
- March 11 – House floor cutoff
- April 1 – policy committee cutoff for bills from opposite chamber
- April 7 – policy committee cutoff for bills from opposite chamber
- April 15 – Floor cutoff for bills from opposite chamber
- April 26 – Last day of session, also known as “sine die”
We're now in the fifth week of session, and committees have been busy hearing many bills before they move to the floor for consideration by the full House of Representatives. Feb. 20 is our first deadline in this 105-day session. By that date, bills must pass out of policy committees or they may be considered “dead” for the year.
Watch my recent video update here where I discuss constituents who have visited Olympia, state funding for economic recovery after the Carlton Complex fire, and work sessions in the House learning from the Carlton Complex fire.
I am pleased to share that House Bill 1003, my School Infrastructure Recovery bill, passed the House unanimously this week. This bill would pull together state resources and agencies to develop a model policy to help school districts restore their facilities following natural disasters. This bill is in response to Pateros School District, which suffered over $2 million of damage to its only school building during the Carlton Complex Fire. Click here to learn more about HB 1003.
Every Friday morning, my seatmates, Rep. Cary Condotta and Sen. Linda Evans Parlette, and I call into our three local radio stations to talk about the latest events and discussions in Olympia. I encourage you to listen in!
- 7:20-7:30 a.m. – KOHO 101.1 FM (Leavenworth/Wenatchee)
- 7:45-8:00 a.m. – KOZI 1230 AM (Chelan)
- 8:05-8:20 a.m. – KPQ 560 AM/102.1 FM (Wenatchee)
Last week, I was pleased to host Emily Stevens from Okanogan High School as a student page in the House. Read more about her time in Olympia here.
There have been many constituents from the 12th District traveling to Olympia to testify on bills. Here's some photos of their visits:
If you're planning a trip to Olympia, please contact my office – I enjoy meeting with constituents!
122G Legislative Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7832 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000